Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Stuck in Miami

So I wake up at my shady new hostel on 20th and Collins and I regret leaving jazz hostel on fifth now. I walk outside and there is the old homeless man in the blue and orange dirty ass velour Miami hurricanes sweat suit. He lives outside the hostel on the sidewalk mostly sleeping. And he is exactly in the same spot now everytime I see him for 2 days.

I get my free breakfast, toast with cream cheese and jelly, it's actually really good! Coffee sucks but oh well. Then I dis my slovakian friends with whom I was supposed to play basketball with and decide to go to the grocery store and a meeting.  I meet miguel who tells me about the keys and before I get there to go to key biscayne and there is a beautiful lighthouse. It's only 20 miles from Miami but I would have to backtrack if I go there and that I'm not into. It sounds cool but I don't think I'll get there I told him.

A half hour later I hear from Ashley and jenni in ft lauderdale. We had made plans today but I actually forgot what our plan was because when they called me 3 days prior to ask me if I wanted to hang out I was fixing julias flat tire. So I ask them again where are we going today? Guess what the answer was?...key biscayne and Virginia key! How amazing!! So we take the nice easy ride over in ashleys pimp ass car! We chill and swim on the really nice not crowded beach and walk around and discover a bit. We head back into Miami about 5:00. We get to a restaurant the rusty pelican which is right on the bay of Miami in the face of the downtown skyline. We chill eat and watch the sunset on Miami and the bay. The swirl of colors the sky reflects back on the water is magical one of the most beautiful sunsets ever!

I get back into my ghetto hostel shower and lay down because I got a headache. Then I meet jay at Starbucks at 9:30 and we hang out ang to to a meeting at sobe. It's packed with a young hip good looking crowd. Friendly people and a fun vibe. We all hangout afterwards until late in the morning. And I see my friend Eli there, the girl I met in the bar two days ago. 

So today I was gonna ride onto key largo but forecast doesn't look good. And jay offers me to stay at his place until the weather clears up. Nice I'll take that because Miami is a good place to be stuck at, and there is no need to ride in the rain if I don't have to!

1 comment:

  1. I got stuck in Miami for 4 days in '95.... It was the same time as the giant blizzard... no flights... E. Moss

    ReplyDelete