Tuesday, October 12, 2010

More Miami

Sitting on jaysons stoop is quite a lovely place to be. It's in a main street into a park where people constantly walk by with their dogs and guys are playing soccer. It's right in the middle of the neighborhoods of south beach,  so this is how people really live here on south beach. It's close to Lincoln ave and Washington. It's a great place to be.

I go for a run on the beach then head to a famous place called davids cafe. It's authentic Cuban cuisine, I order a callata (Cuban coffee) and a guava pastillita (a croissant pastry) total is 2.50$ good deal. This place was showed to me by a local. This afternoon I think I'll hit public and maybe cook some food like a normal person for once.

Ya know I've been having some thoughts of how nice it would to be back at home with my bedroom and bathroom, tons of clothes, kitchen. I mean I'm having a great time but living out if a bag and wearing the same recycled clothes can get old. But I thi k it's just because I know the trip is wrapping up and I can sort of see the end. I've reached the halfway point and that's why maybe. But don't get me wrong the sacrifice of living out of a bag is so worth it and I'm pretty freaking good at living out of a bag! I've got a system of how to pack it and unpack it and compartmentalized. But gosh it's gonna be great to get home, hug my friends tell them of the great travel stories I've made! But in time god will provide that opportunity for now I'm living in south beach and who the f wouldn't want to be here right now!!?

So today I'll find a laundromat, play on my iPhone, eat a burrito and mess around in this awesome city. The same stuff I do back home, I just get to do in south beach. I can't stop thinking about seeing my parents and my friends again and what will be different about me when I return. Because right now I'm not sure I think once I get back to my situation before I left it's only then will I be able to compare myself and check inside to see what is different. I'm excited to see what I will find! 

I hope the forecast in key largo improves soon, but I got a great deal here staying for free with jay if it doesn't.

Later in the day I go to the laundry mat and wash clothes. This neighborhood feels like another counrltry not one person speaks English or looks American. I do my wash and observe the locals hustling around on shitty mountain bikes doing who knows what outside. 

Then I go for a burrito at my favorite place I've already found one! It's yummy and I check the local paper to see what's going on tonight. Miami heat is playing Moscow at home in an exhibition game!? I call right away and score tickets!!! Sweet. I hop the local bus and head towards the stadium to catch the pregame shoot around. Jayson will meet me there. Wow I'm here in this amazing place that will certainly make history in the years ahead with the all star cast they have now. This is hard to believe an hour ago I was eating a burrito on south beach with no plan for tonight! The universe is on my side!! And I'm on it, being good to it, loving it, giving gratitude to it everyday!

Miami heat wins and the labron intro was ridiculous. We might some nice girls sitting next to us and they tell us the best empanada place to go on south beach. So we know what we are having for lunch tomorrow!

We take a cab home then I walk up to the 24 hr cvs for cereal. South beach really comes alive at night I see police cars speed up and shake down a guy at a bus stop. A really good looking crossdresser and just madness all over cvs. People riding their bikes in the store, security chasing people. How do the employees put up with that crap everyday.

Well to bed! It's nice to have a place to stay where I'm not paranoid my stuff is gonna get stolen. My last place I would put all my money in my pockets and wear my shorts all night. And move all my valuables up to the top bunk where I slept. 

No comments:

Post a Comment