Thursday, October 14, 2010

Leaving miami

Last night in Miami...  :'( But what a week it's been. I've found my favorite local Cuban store where a cortadito costs 1$. Starbucks venti slapaccino for 5$ got nothing on Cuban coffee!!! I've found my local grocery store, laundromat, corner store. I really know the layout of the city. I've taken public transportation, found great jogging paths, seen fishers island all the way to north bay village where Dwayne wade lives. I've got tours by locals. Saw high end apts, ferraris, speeding bentlys, skateboarders, beach cruisers, thongs, topless women, brazilians, cubans, puerto ricans, thugs, argees, Brits, Australians, blondes, blacks everything in one city, one beach, one street what an experience. I've seen how the rich party and how the poor party. I've seen how I party and how everybody parties. The music and women are on a much higher quality level then anywhere I've been to in the US. What's so cool and hard to believe about this place is it is in the US!

Yesterday my roomate asks if u want to take a ride with him, I say sure why not. He starts to explain to me that he is not a "financial planner" as he told me that was his occupation. By now I'm kinda suspicious of his work anyway. He tells me about his operation he's got going on. Turns out he is a major pill dealer of the east coast!!! He makes tons of cash buying and getting scripts from people in Miami who go to "pill mills" and turn out 300 pills a script, he then ships them by a mailing method to new jersey where they are distributed throughout NYC he makes serious money. So that is why he always pays for dinner, and buys everything we see. The only bad part to his business is he is hooked on the things, popping them everyday, so that explains why for 2 weeks he has been sleeping on an air mattress with a hole in it, never has good in his fridge, always keeps his blinds closed and door locked, doesn't have furniture and is in the phone 23 hours a day.  Well good thing I'm leaving here tomorrow, again it's not the most comfortable living situation, but it's only temporary and it could be worse. He is a really really good guy and I hope he gets straight and I'm glad I'm not a pill addict! But what a mess. I actually making a little money off the guy by running errands for him, picking up cigarettes, ice tea, and food all hours of the night..hah hey but he's letting me stay for free it's the least I could do.

So today Annie (the nice girl sitting next to me at the Miami heat game) have lunch, Cuban sandwiches at an authentic cafe. She speaks Spanish well, thank god because I don't think they speak English there. Wow they were good. Then I walk around looking at souvenir type stuff. Head back for a nap. Talk to some Philly peeps. Nice conversation with Mo. Meet up with jay. We catch a cab to sobe for a meeting talk with some people then walk to a nice Italian restaurant. He orders for us as I sit in the plush couch in which we eat from. I feel like the godfather! We are in display in the window to people passing by, I almost felt like the waitress should come over cut up our food and serve us. Jay is in a bad mood because if ex girlfriend problems, he is a big beefy Italian you don't ever want to see pissed off! He bosses everyone around the restaurant and I just keep smiling with my please and thank yous :)  it's quite a fine dining experience.  But all that being said I would do almost anything legal for this kid. He is a guy who everyone would want in their side and I would return the favor. Dinner is great and we walk back home because he says he has to meet somebody. I run out for ice cream and bring us two Hagen daz pints. Good stuff! We talk about dumb guy stuff and laugh out loud as you could possibly laugh eating ice cream with a partition wall between us while laying in the floor in his furniture less apartment. I'm gonna miss this guy and this marvelous city! What a memorable time here in my mini established south beach life. What incredible people I've met here, what a marvelous plan god put together for me here in Miami.

Tomorrow it's gonna be nice and after my morning cortadito I ride outta here in style. Down 15th street into downtown Miami, through south Miami and towards key largo. I keep thi king of that old beach boys song with "I wanna take you to key largo, jamaica...." I believe I was force fed that crap by my parents or sister or somebody. Anyway it's hard to believe that I'm going to be there tomorrow. I've got about only 65miles to take me there and weather says winds are coming from the north. I'm out of shape though sitting and eating for 7 days, but I'll get it right back in the first hour. So tomorrow I sneak into John pennecamp state park sleepover and then the next day take the glass bottom boat 20 miles off shore to snorkel the reefs and the shipwrecks, that's gonna be nice!! 

My parents have left PA and will be in their Florida house tomorrow morning! I'm getting excited to reach them in ft myers! Less then a week and the ride will be complete. I'm still thinking about getting a tattoo but not till I get back into Philly, this way it won't be rushed and I'll have more time to design it. I really don't want this trip to end and wish I could find a way to do this full-time and get paid for riding! What a journey I really can't explain it but hopefully reading along with the blog you got to understand it!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, being paid to ride, travel and discover. Maybe with your blog...

    ReplyDelete