Thursday, October 7, 2010

Ft lauderdale

I sleep pretty good in the bathroom stall and even recall some dreams which means it was good sleep! I'm woken up to a voice in the bathroom, it's a cleaning person asking if anybody was in here. It woke me up but I didn't open my eyes yet then I'm licked by a dog and I jump up. I scare the cleaning person and then introduce myself and the situation. She doesn't freak out and actually talks to me a minute then invites me over to her camper for breakfast and coffee! Nice woman 

By 8:00 am I'm pedaling. It's going to be an amazing ride today but at 8:00 I have no idea just how amazing it will be. So Jimmy tells me there are 2 sides to west palm a nice one and an ugly one. North of west palm is looking pretty ugly so I'm hoping for a better side soon ahead. And then it gets worse! I see for the first time in my life..., a dead body! There it is on the shoulder of the road, cops and detectives all around, a yellow plastic tarp covering the corpse and I see an arm and mans boots sticking out. Wow that was weird! And now I'm tweaked out!

Well on to the nice section of west palm and I get a glimpse of a very good looking built up city streets. It looks quaint but sexy. I take it all in as I cruise the streets. West palm off the list of places I've been, check. 

I'm riding route 1 because winds gusts are NE at 20-25mph and A1A is wide open and I don't want to battle winds. Into delray beach though I decide to try A1A. What a payoff I see the mist beautiful street if the ride. It's lined with perfect groomed landscapes, modern well designed colorful Florida castles on the beach. I've been dreaming about this fir two months! I take it in as it is hard to believe how I've arrived here.

Boca raton is next up and it exceeds my expectations. I don't know what it us but I really dig boca! It has everything a big city has, and a beautiful little downtown! It's cool I'm here, I keep thinking about how the old guy on the sopranos always talked about boca.

From here I stop st subway and power up. 5 miles to go to my new house. I get there and it's in a nice little neighborhood. I find it and walk right in. There is 6 guys living here all in recovery. They are all cool dudes most of them from new York. Ant is a cool kid only 21. He drives me to the beach where he works out on the outside beach. Cool thus us totally my style if I'd be into working out. Nice beach and we drive back through Los olas and I see the biggest boats I've ever seen! One after another. 10 million dollar yachts. I ask him if boats ever get stolen around here, he says no, I say hmmm.

All really good guys, I go to 3 meetings that night with two of them. Woah almost AA overload but I'm grateful to chat and meet some people. We go out to eat  at 11:30 and come back and chill for a while. Great day in ft lauderdale.

I'm really getting excited for Miami now only 30 miles away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment