Friday, October 8, 2010

Lauderdale night time

I wake up at 5am in the halfway house living room couch to find some fat guy in boxer shorts watching tv with the volume blasting. I get up without saying a word and put my headphones on and fall back asleep. Woken up by a pitbull again about 7:00am licking my hand. By 8:00 am people are coming and going and I'm up.  Ricky lives there and he is a good guy! He gives 3 unemployed kids who aren't paying rent an ultimatum, get a job by Friday or your out of here. And leaves them each $3.50 for bus fares. Patrick gets up and makes me a ghetto espresso and it's really good!

A couple hours later ricki drops me and pat off and we explore the city as he is supposed to be looking for a job. He shows me around and I realize we are living in the Haitian ghetto. Nice! We travel around by bus and I get to see the real ft lauderdale! That's what I'm talking about. We witness a domestic dispute on the bus by a homeless couple, classy. We walk around las olas and get lunch at a deli. We chat with two girls outside while eating lunch. They are friendly art students and we all talk about meeting up later to go out.

Me and pat make it back home eventually and I try to nap, no luck. There is skinny little white kids calling themselves niggas everywhere. I find it very strange but mind my own business until I hear some kids freestyle rapping in the back room. So now I chime in with a little rap action for fun...haha. Represent Philly. 

Everyone leaves by 8:00pm and the house is quiet and I'm prepared for a nice quiet evening watching baseball. The girls from the deli text me and ask if I'm still interested I. Going out. I say ya why not. They come over to little Haiti and pick me up.

We head towards downtown ft lauderdale and they ask me why I'm staying in the ghetto? Long story I'll explain later..  We get there and they give me a tour! I'm really appreciative of them taking me out!! I find out ft lauderdale nightlife is amazing!! Bars don't have covers, you can drinking the streets, smoke in bars, women and bedazzling beautiful. I get many different flavors because we pop into about 6 different bars and clubs and I really get the experience. It looks way Way way better then old city Philly. And all the vibes are fun with happy smiling floridians! I really enjoy myself. We don't get out of there till about 3am and I'm invited to crash at their place. I take the deal because then we don't have to drive to the ghetto and I dint have people waking me up all hours of the night! Good deal

In the morning it's Miami mane!

No comments:

Post a Comment