Sunday, October 10, 2010

Miami man

Back to the blog. I am almost sorry I haven't wrote in a while but I've been consumed with Miami! Overwhelmed by south beach beauty. Awwed by this pretty city. Fully occupied with the concept of this place. Sucked in by the energy here. Vibing with the brilliant vibe of this place. Busy meeting it's smiling, lucky to be here occupants. Experiencing what took me a month and 1300 miles to reach. Loving where my feet are at. Dreaming about living here. Picturing what my life would be like here. Reflecting on how I got here. Living this life!

So I get here and at first it's not what I expected. The welcome to south beach sign wasn't as brilliant as I pictured it would be. The buildings aren't all made of skyscraper glass, it's not totally all modern. But a couple hours later when my eyes see this place showered with trendy chic colorful lighting my opinion changes vert quick.

I check in the hostel and sneak my bike in under my bed. The hostel is way large and seriously clean! I'm impressed for 16$ a night it's great!. I drop my bags and head to the well known south beach. I see some Brazilian big booty bikini models doing a low budget photo shoot with some creeper looking guys. It's actualy kind if gross! 

The water here is gorgeous and the mix of people on the beach is really something else. I hear argees speaking castellano, every nationality sits on this beach at one time. They are all as happy as can be to be here and nothing here really posses people off. 

I hop in the ocean and a large school of fish approach me. They swim right up to me, this is amazing I'm swimming with the fishes.haha music blasts from all over the place. Then some Latinos stroll down the beach with a portable speaker system seriously blasting. 

Ferraris race on the streets, lamborghinis race by, bentlys, rolls Royce. Donzi and Baja cigarette boats do the same in the water. Girls wear the shortest skirt things I've ever seen, thongs are mandatory here and tops are optional. On the streets guys are dressed slick 2010 Miami style, girls sport the lack of clothing style which is appreciated by the male species.

I meet Julia at the hostel at about 10. We walk south beach at night, get the best burrito I've ever had, the best Turkish dessert cruise by Miami ink. Admire the city and head to bed by 2. We are both tired

The next day finds us chillaxing on the beach all day. Hostel coffee is decent! And they make a lunch and dinner for 3$ can't beat that! We make a cool meeting in south Miami. Dinner on espanola way at a brazillian joint, then her friend drives us through Miami hood, calle ocho, downtown Miami, good guy he gives us a grande tour from a local. We stroll in at 5 am, sleep for a couple and beach it again.

Today I move hostels up about 20 blocks just for a change of scenery. New place is a dump oh well. 

Last night Julia has a flat tire, we notice it at 6:00, tire shops are closed but I find the screw in the tire. We put air in the tire drive to an auto part store, I buy a plug kit. Then we head back to the gas station air pump. I plug the tire and it's all good, god helped on that one. Then there is a guy putting air next to us. Turns out he had the same problem, I offer to plug his tire. Success again, he is super thankful because he was going to a wedding. We chat for a minute, he gives me an invite to his house tomorrow night for a party. I'm in I tell him. Sweet timing!

Miami is unbelievable way cooler then I could have imagined!! And the trip goes on, Tuesday I ride to key largo.

No comments:

Post a Comment