Sunday, October 3, 2010

Ride-on

So i wake this morning early, Pam goes to work at 8am. I make some scrambled eggs chess and tomato for us. She makes coffee, it's a breakfast of champions. Last night I did some bike maintenance. And learned how to take apart and fix brakes. I never learned this before I left because I just didn't want to. But I learned it last night because I had to. So it's all fixed up and running as smooth as a brand new bike.

7:45 I hit the road pedaling. Leaving my mini established life in Orlando for the next adventure. What a great time in Orlando but I am super excited for today's ride, and what a beautiful one it is! I gotta say 2nd or 3rd best ride out I'd the 15 or so I've had! I take 192 out of Orlando through amazing flatlands and farmlands. Cows and horses and fields, you could see for miles. So quiet and still hardly any car traffic! The wind was coming across me but I had some serious techno trance that it powered me right through it like nothing! Plus I was so excited to ride and I was at 100% strength after sitting for 5 days.

I get into Melbourne and know it's a decent little city. They are having an arts fest and the downtown is closed. I get the idea of going to an AA meeting. I look one up and find one starting in 20 minutes about 10 blocks away. I go in meet some good ol folks and get just what I needed, a good reminder of the principles in which I live by. I fill up on coffee and cake, lunch.

Back on the road again, even more excited about Sebastian inlet! The old-timers at the meeting tell me the water is aqua blue, and that hundreds of years ago a Spanish ship sank and sometimes gold still washes up in the inlet. A couple years ago somebody found thousands of $'s worth in a box!

Once I make a right down a1a the wind is pushing me along nicely from the north! I cruise the 25 miles down to the inlet. I see the inlet bridge and cross it about 5 minutes later. Once on top I turn back to the right and I see how amazing this place is!!! Picturesque!!! It looks like mar de plata Argentina! But this is Florida! I'm telling ya this place is a gem! Unbelievable all the boats and fishing piers and swimmers in the half moon shaped inlet.

I pull up to the camper registration and am willing to pay for a campsite today for once! I see a nice lady and say "please tell me you have a site for me to sleep tonight" because I know yesterday when I called they said they were booked. She says ya I do but it's kinda buggy, no problem I say I got bug spray. She says it's 31$ i state me case and the story of the joirney and I see if I can pay less. The answer was no but then she says hold on a minute let me call my boss. I'm thinking good maybe he will give me a discount? She comes back and says alright here is what you can do. Go back out the main road and make a right about a half mile down you will see a big dolphin mailbox. That's my bosses house he lives right on the beach. He said to go outback and set your tent up in his yard, he even has an outside shower for you to use. What I can't believe what I'm hearing right now but all I say is right on I'm there!! She says he isn't home but he will catch up with you later. So I go down find the mailbox, find the house, find the beach, outside shower, surfboards, kayaks and set up camp!

This is unreal! I walk to the beach and inlet and take it all in. I call a friend and share the news. This place is incredible and everyone should experience Sebastian inlet!

No comments:

Post a Comment