Saturday, September 11, 2010

Spaghetti and meatballs

So glad about the decision to stay in assateague last night. While chilling in the stuffy smelly mens restrooms waiting for my iPod to charge my neighbor camper introduced himself. He said hey are you the kid that snuck in with that bike tent thing?, you alone? Yes and yes was my answers. He invited me over to join his camp. Well they are all from Chester county, and his Italian wife Monica insisted I eat some hot food. Spaghetti and meatballs it was, ya know I dint turn down food. So we all enjoyed a great night around the campfire, beautiful. Thanks Monica, bob and they're wise cracking friend Alexis.

I grab a morning coffee and a muffin from my great new camping family. Then some high-power electronic music powered me through 30 miles quickly. I ride through a small town called sno hill with about 3 houses a city hall and a supermarket. And somebody was cooking bacon cause I'm on a bike and hungry the scent stayed with me for about a mile sown the road. So today I'm borrowing the shoulder on Maryland route 611, 376, 113 and Virginia 13.

It seems everybody I meet and talk with is truly inspired. From ages 60 to 10 they all say pretty much the same thing...they are envious and wish they could do this. That tells me I'm where I'm supposed to be. Now if my mom could just see it this way...haha. Thanks again to my friends who have inspired me to write more! I'm liking it

So my rest stop at Arbys is about through, just had a good pecan salad sandwich I would def recommend it! Fill up my bottles and hit the road. I don't know how much farther to Virginia beach but right now I don't want to know!

Oh ya one more thing, so I already know impatience and carelessness will take me out of this trip. So this morning as I'm being impatient going through my disasemble of my tent that takes only 20 mins. I gingerly jam (force) my tent back through the break cables onto the handlebars and sever the computer wire. Idiot!... So I attempt to ghetto rig it back, because that's how I fix stuff, doing it the right way just takes too long..haha. So I connect it back and can't get it to work, which sucks cause it gives me something to look at and play with on the bike. Without it I don't know my milage or speed. So I gotta go I can't mess with it all day. I accept it ain't gonna work all day, ten miles into the ride I look down and it's working. Magical, but so is the universe and the planet when your nice to it. Love this place!

It seems everybody

No comments:

Post a Comment