Thursday, September 16, 2010

I hate the wind

Here is how you know it's windy outside.
1. Your riding along at 29mph and all of a sudden you just stop
2. Your cruising downhill and aren't going anywhere
3. Your earphones are ripped right out of your ears over and over again.
4. You spit and it's taken directly over your head or hits you in the face
5. You have to ride tuck the entire f-ing day
6. You can't stand up or else your instantly stopped in your tracks
7. You want to curse often, cry or flip the f out
8. You are yelling out loud to nobody
9. You cannot ride sitting back with your hands by your side
10. Every flag you see is stood up pointed directly at you.

Ok you get my point! I'm still fired up as i write this! But seriously I was questioning God today and his purpose if this wind!

I woke up after a great night of sleep in a farmers field and knew I had just 75 straight away miles until my friends house in Wilmington NC. Again I thought it to be an easy ride! Well honestly I'm broken down a little, I just don't have it physically today to deal with 20 mph gusts. But think about it I've been riding for 4 straight days camping out and doing about a hundred a day all not easy days. So by now I need a day of rest. And to make it worse most of the ride today didn't have a shoulder and drivers were not respecting my space. I really became furious today and for small stretches of time was hoping someone hit me or just scraped me so I could let them have it!...haha I'm sick I know but luckily it didn't happen. I really shouted at God today telling him I need some strength, patience and whatever else you wanna throw in there to help me complete the stretch.

Well we got it done. The highlight was riding by a military base and seeing tanks, jeeps and trucks filled with men training. I said a thank you to them prayer and recognized I was glad to not be them for a moment. 

I knew I was getting close to Wilmington but I needed another break so I pull into a gas station. I'm seeing now people dint really take notice of me they kinda just treat my like a fly and shove me away...haha. But this one guy asks me what I'm up to. I tell him I've had enough of riding for the day and he tells me Wilmington is 15 miles away! Ffffff...I thought I was just a couple. He offers me a ride but I decline politely without even thought. Then I second guess it because I'm really physically shot, no power bar, powerade or whatever is gonna help me at this point! But I couldn't take a ride unless I'm broken or that bike is broken and we are going to remain in perfect health the whole way there!

So here I am waiting for my friend to come home outside their apt excited for a shower, couch, house, ride around in a car, laundry all the luxury items I've been without for a week. I'm going to eat like a king tonight. I've noticed my riding shorts are becoming loose on me and they were a snug fit when I left 5 days ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment