Saturday, September 18, 2010

On to Myrtle beach

It was really hard leaving today my cozy little nook in Wilmington NC. I was really meeting some great people up there and fitting in to the lifestyle pretty darn well. Not to mention today was a huge grillout NC style with a pig they been roasting since 3am. Them dudes know how to party, no more ghetto burgers and hot dogs for me in Philly I'm coming NC style from now on. Again I really want to thank everyone I've met in Wilmington and along the way. Sara your such a sweet soul I wish you well in your travels. I'm really glad Gid bumped me into you in NYC.

So I shoved out early am on the road by 8:30 with little or no wind today I covered 40 miles in 2 hours, and I was in north Myrtle by 12:30. That's when I got a serious craving for pancakes, it musta been all those waffle houses I had passed on rt 17. So if I want pancakes I want the best, I pull over and google best pancakes in Myrtle and find out I passed it 3 miles ago. Well I do hate backtracking on this trip so I go with the second best one just a mule down the road. They are slamming and I nerd to slam some calories, job well dine

But I realized I gotta take it easy in the eating, my first hour today was rough I was out of shape and kept thinking why the bike felt so heavy? It was because my heavy self ate too many bacon cheese burgers and burritos..haha. All good I'm definitely cutting down fat in my body as I was flexing in front of the campsite bathroom mirror today..haha

Coming in through Myrtle I realize it is a nice place just north of the middle of Myrtle there is some monster mansions and I'm awed riding down ocean drive taking it all in with glimpses of the ocean. Then I get to the middle of Myrtle and see cheap hotels for 40$ a night but my plan is to head to the south and get in the state park. I realize Myrtle is way bigger than I remember and i just want to setup and dip into the ocean. Finally I get my chance I hit the bathroom at the state park and change out of my riding shorts and hit the beach. I realize I dint have a towel but I remember from brazil on a nice beach with nice sand you dint need one. I lay right into the sand after getting out of th water and fall asleep. A good nap was had right there just like that I get up and jump back in the water.

My plan is to wait till dusk, like always, then slide into the campsite. So I walk along the boardwalk, check out the park, find some food, take a shower and then sneak into the camp. As I'm setting up a ranger slows up and gives me a look, I give a friendly hello like I'm supposed to be here and he moves on. Ya that's what I thought Mofo, I say under my breath. I set up camp then check out the wifi cafe where I am now writing this blog. Life is good I must say again.

I'm really excited for tomorrow, I ride 95 miles then setup at a house in downtown Charlestown I found on couch surfing .com. It turns out to be two girls and one of them is from Philly. So I'm looking forward tobmerting them and seeing that City I've heard so much about.

No comments:

Post a Comment