Thursday, September 23, 2010

Savannah

This morning I wake up well rested in a bed, what a nice invention! Don gives me a lift about 20 blocks downtown towards the water front. He drops me at a well known coffee shop called the sentinel bean. I grab two cups the second kind was way better than the first and I buy a tiny muffin for 1.25$ not cheap what's up with that I thought things were cheaper here, well apparently not coffee shop stuff anyway. I notice people are pretty whole grain and earthy conscious around here, it's kinda cool. Forsyth park is bee-utiful!! Big flat open space right in the middle of the city. It's lined with mansions peeking into the beautiful parkscape!

The city is mostly dominated by scag kids. Savannah college if art and design. I walk all the way down to the riverfront snapping away on the iPhone. I take a free shuttle around to get the layout of the city. It drops me off in the central district. I run into jj bonerz for some famous wings but they are closed :'-(   So I on to my next destination that's a must see, the famous ice cream spot so I get an amazing orange sherbet float. That holds me over until Paula deans buffet restaurant where I meet a guy from Philly. He is the bartender and we chat about good Philly stuff. Then I try to walk back home but can't because I'm way too stuffed. I call don and he picks me up at the coffee shop he dropped me off at. 

I kinda realize I don't want to spend another day in savannah which means I want to see tybee island tonight. I run it by don and see if he wants to go. He can't because he already made plans for dinner, but he offers me his car! Wow what an amazing trusting man, here is a guy I've known for maybe 12 hours offering his home and now his vehicle to me? I drop him off where he needs to be and proceed to drive the 20 miles each way to tybee island. What a worthwhile trip! I snap some stunning photos and catch the laid back fishing vibe of the island. All within a hour. I head back to dons house.

We collaborate about the to do for tonight and decide to check out the jazz festival in Forsyth park. It turns out to be a nice time, the music is cool and there is people and pretty little ladies everywhere, ok savannah, you just went up 2 whole points in my rating book. I talk to 2 nice girls standing close by. They are from Orlando, guess who is going to Orlando? Ya me..and I'm pretty sure I secure a place to crash for a night in Orlando! 

So savannah people are super fun, laid back, welcoming, hip, Eco, earthy, and just fun to be around! Good times!!

Tomorrow morning it's 95 miles onto jeckyll island GA. My last full ride before the monstrous state of Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment